1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Family Law
  4.  | Modifications

Modifying Custody, Support And Separation Agreements

If the circumstances that your divorce orders are based on have changed, you may pursue a modification of orders through the courts. If your ex-spouse is seeking a modification of orders that would adversely affect you, you may take legal action to try to stop that modification from taking place.

Whichever side of the issue you are on, the attorneys at Arbore Velez, LLC are here to protect your rights and interests. Our modification attorneys handle a broad range of divorce and family law issues for clients in Morris County and throughout surrounding New Jersey communities.

Is A Modification Called For?

Modifications are most often sought for issues involving children, such as child support and child custody and visitation.

Before being granted a modification, a party must demonstrate that a significant change of circumstances has occurred. Circumstances that may warrant a modification of orders include:

  • Significant increase or decrease in income of either party
  • Emancipation of child support
  • The relocation of a parent
  • Significant changes in the schedule or needs of the child

Some modifications are subject to court hearings, in which our attorneys can stand up for you and provide you with the strong advocacy you need. We are well-versed in New Jersey statutes and can help you determine if the modification being sought is likely to gain court approval.

Contact Us To Discuss Your Modification Issue

Whether you are seeking a modification or trying to stop one from taking place, we are here to protect your rights and interests. Contact us today online or by telephone at 973-668-4435 or toll free at 888-382-3974 to arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable modification lawyer.